PT - Everything You Need To Know


So are you worried about PT? 
The FBI Gym - Left Side

The FBI Gym - Right Side
Well, let me put your mind at ease.

The truth about PT at the NA is it is as hard as you want it to be. What does that mean? It means you should take full advantage of the PT Program. I know of no place in the world short of enrolling in the Navy Seals where you can get such world class trainers, in a world class facility, using the most current training methods to train your mind and body.

The PT Program works like this. It is divided into two parts classroom and actual PT. You will see PT on your schedule. You always go to the classroom first and learn the latest in nutrition for your body. Then you go straight to the gym to change out for PT. The FBI has gotten away from the running and is concentrating on core exercise. That should be a relief for some but believe me they have one million ways to work you out, making you sweat just like you were running. Weight lifting/body building exercises are pretty much out too. It is almost all core, with band resistance and straps.

The gym locker room area. You get your own locker for the duration
Some say time of season can be good or bad. Being from Florida the heat did not bother me when we were outside but some from lesser humid areas did not like it. I have talked to students who went in the winter and they were cold so I guess it is different for everyone. You get what you get so don't get upset. 

Who are the trainers? Each section gets a trainer assigned to their group for the duration. These guys are the best in their field and almost all have Masters Degrees. They are experts in physical training and nutrition. They have a thousand ways to work you out. Let me tell you they realize that we are almost all 40-50's age managers who mostly sit behind desks so they will not kill you. They will push you and it is up to you to choose to respond. That is what I mean by take advantage of it. Most students will give it their all, I did and even ran in the evenings with my classmate Tommy from Hawaii who did Iron Man when he returned. I also purchased a road bike and trained with Tommy too. What an honor to train with an IRON MAN ATHLETE. 


Above: Here is my IRON MAN friend Tommy on the right. Yes, he got a Green Brick and still did the IRON MAN when he returned to HAWAII. Tommy got the Blue and Yellow Brick too! WOW


My friend Randy from Canada is in the background with Tommy. Randy was a favorite of everyone, outgoing and full of fun. He taught us all the Canadian national anthem and we made sure he sang ours too.

The toughest FBI PT Instructor is the legendary E.J. O'Malley. If you get E.J. prepare to work out. Below is a video of the actual NA PT Training and E.J.



All this PT training leads up to the Yellow Brick Road. If you can't do the PT and the Wednesday challenges that go with it you will miss the Yellow Brick Road. You have to go home with a Yellow Brick for many reasons. See my section on the Yellow Brick Road for more on it and watch the video shot during the actual run. You will see what it is all about and understand. 

I am truly blessed... I thank the FBI every day I work out now. I learned so many different techniques and nutrition information. Sometimes when I am running I bring myself back to the gym and remember what I learned. I go back to the roads I ran and biked all over the base on my own. Take advantage of all of this while you are there. You will never get this chance again.